Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. It is administered by “laying on hands” and is based on the idea that an unseen “life force energy”, or “Chi” or “Prana”, flows through us.
- £50- £60 per session depending on travel times.
What is Reiki?
Reiki is generally described as an energy healing system, re-discovered in the early 1900’s by Japanese scholar Mikao Usui.Here are some key facts how it works:
- Reiki is – literally – very hands-on: The energy is transmitted by simply placing your hands on a client – or even on yourself.
- Reiki is “truly sustainable energy”: The more you give to other people, the more energized you become yourself
- Reiki can heal your life – in a truly encompassing sense. Not only does it stimulate your body’s innate healing abilities and deal with physical ailments, it goes right down to the root of problems, whether physical, mental, or emotional.
- Reiki helps to relax and cope with stress, harmonising body and mind, and aiding meditation.
- Reiki starts a detox process in the body, helping to rid itself of the toxins we take in every day.
- Reiki increases intuition and will help you to become more aware of your life’s purpose.
- Reiki is a spiritual path, re-connecting you with the power and peace within yourself.
- Reiki is not a religion. It is simply a tool that works with whatever religious path you have chosen for your life – and equally well, if you do not follow traditional religious beliefs.
- Reiki is “applied quantum physics”. It works on the level that makes the fabric of the universe, slowly un-doing the illusional world that we created.
… and finally:
Reiki will change your life. Once you feel the flow of cosmic energy coming out of your palms, and witness the effect it has on anything it touches, you cannot help but question the established ways of the world.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING REIKI TREATMENT
- During a treatment, the Reiki Practitioner places the hands on the client – and simply lets the Reiki energy flow.
- It is generally assumed that the energy is not given by the practitioner, but rather drawn by the recipient
- Lying comfortably on a therapy couch, the client remains fully clothed during the treatment.
- The practitioner’s hands may be placed on the head, or on various position near the Chakras along the torso.
- Often, the hands are placed intuitively.
- If wished, the treatment can remain “hands-off” with the practitioner holding their hands about 10 cm above the client’s body
- The energy will flow wherever needed, and can significantly aid the body’s innate healing abilities.
- In some cases, symptoms can increase for a short period when healing starts (This is known as a “healing crisis”).
- Receiving a treatment is normally a deeply relaxing experience, balancing and harmonizin body and mind, and giving comfort and peace.
- Some clients experience a meditative state where they see colours or images, or embark on an “inner spiritual journey”.
- In some cases, clients experience that suppressed emotions or problems are released, or old memories revoked. Discussing these with the practitioner often leads to becoming aware of the underlying causes of a physical, mental, or emotional problem.
- The practitioner can also scan the body for any energy blockages or imbalances and release or balance them.
- A treatment normally lasts around 1 hour